IrisVision Wearable Low Vision Glasses for Visually Impaired People
For those who are visually impaired and/or have low vision, their condition is likely permanent. Also, in many cases, they cannot wear prescription eyeglasses or contact to see better.
The good news is that devices like IrisVision Low Vision Glasses allow you to do the things you once thought you could no longer do. The device enables people with poor vision to see more clearly and therefore increase their level of activity.
What Is Low Vision?
According to the World Health Organization, 253 million people live with low vision worldwide. Low vision is defined as “a permanent reduction in best-corrected visual acuity to less than 6/18, or a field of vision of less than 10 degrees from the point of fixation.”
While there is no cure for low vision, there are assistive devices that can help people make the most of what they still can see. One such device is low vision glasses. Low vision glasses are specially designed to magnify objects and improve light and dark contrasts so that people with poor vision can capture text and objects with ease.
What are Low Vision Glasses?
To best describe the benefits of low vision, you need to define the advantages of a top brands like Iris LowVision Glasses. These innovative optical enhancers are designed with a headset device that uses WiFi or cellular connectivity. A smartphone camera is used to deliver the images. The camera on the glasses beams images back to the eyes, which allows a patient to use their remaining vision.
How can you use low vision glasses?
You can use the glasses for a variety of stationary tasks, including the following:
- Watching sports on TV
- See people with greater ease
- Reading recipes while cooking
- Completing crosswords
- Enjoying hobbies and crafts
- Gardening and taking care of plants
- Watching favorite movies and TVs
- Reading books, magazines, and newspapers
You can do a great many activities wearing the glasses. However, optical experts recommend that you don’t walk or drive when using the accessory. Because your depth perception and peripheral vision are reduced, medical professionals don’t prescribe this type of visual device.
How does the IrisVision device work?
Anyone, regardless of their visual condition or age, can use the features the device offers. The following are some of their top features:
- Settings for Contrast - Patients who have low vision often have problems with contrast. The IrisVision device adjusts scene contrasts so you can move from an outdoor venue to the indoors with ease.
- Protection from Glare - The glasses protect the eyes from glare, allowing a person to go outside without worrying about the reflection and ambient light.
- Reading in Black and White - The glasses increase the visual acuity of black and white text. Anyone sensitive to light can also use an inverted mode so they can read white lettering on a black background.
- Widening the View - The glasses offer a 70-degree view, which is more expansive than other low vision devices, giving the user a crisper vision.
- Making Use of the IrisBubble™ - The trademarked Bubble zooming feature on the device allows a user to zoom in on objects so they can see more clearly.
A Recap of Low Vision Benefits
There are many ways that low vision glasses can help those with poor vision. As noted, they can improve contrast and make it easier to see in dim lighting. They can also help reduce glare and allow the eye to focus more clearly on objects. Additionally, low vision glasses can magnify objects and make them appear larger, which is helpful for those with macular degeneration or other conditions that lead to central vision loss and other visual abnormalities.
How to Choose the Right Pair of Low Vision Glasses?
Think about the tasks that the glasses will make easier to do. If you choose a device like Irisvision, you’ll get most, if not all, of your vision needs met.
You’ll also need to know how to use the glasses and what to expect.
For example, if you’re watching TV, it’s usually best to sit about five to ten feet away from the TV. It’s also helpful to note that you can use a voice-enabled search to stream your favorite movies and shows.
Contact Northwest Ergonomics and Assistive Technology to Learn More About Your Low Vision Options Today
It’s good to know you can enjoy more activities, thanks to low vision glasses. The best way to take advantage of the benefits is to learn more about brands like Iris. By taking this initiative, you’re taking a step in the right direction.
The team at Northwest Ergonomics is here to help with your low vision assistive technology. Our highly trained assistive technology experts will consult with you to understand your specific needs and provide solutions that really work. We help people of all ages including adults in the workplace who have experienced an injury or other disability.
It is important to our caring specialists that you really get the benefit of these wonderful advancements in technology. For that reason we specialize in training and follow-up to make sure that everything is working as effectively as possible for you.
To contact us, use the form on our contact page, or call 206-707-8830.